Sunday, February 26, 2006

Bleeding Hearts and Bouncing Balls

Snow now covers my garden. Hopefully not for long. Before yesterday, a garden walk about uncovered all sorts of little treasures poking their heads out of the soil. Hostas, lillies and bleeding hearts.

A dangerous time for plants in my garden. Boys kicking a soccer ball then running in the gardens to retrieve it. Fresh new growth being step on! Ouch. I had to put an end to it. Though I felt like a big meany, I suggested they play in the neighbors yard. I've always felt abit guilty having excavated most of the lawn area and making large gardens.

The neighbors child said they couldn't play in their yard. Why? Too much dog poop. I no longer feel guilty.
 Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger MariaJ said...

So, so familiar!My boys can play some where else but I can't garden so...

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kids & dogs in the garden--definitely a dangerous time for plants! Bleeding Hearts and snow. What a combination. Very homesick for my Bleeding Hearts, but I won't see them for awhile.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Marc said...

Nice photo Sandy. Thanks for your comments on my blog. We fortunately have a long growing season in the Southeast US. Spring has sprung here, however we've had a snow shower in March, so cross your fingers. In South Carolina we worry about a cold snap hurting the peaches. I've tried to interest my kids in gardening. That way at least they know how much I care about it which usually leads to more respect for it.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I have a playground with a huge playing field just a few doors down form my house, so I send the rowdy boys there.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home